Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Keep Your Head Up



Ok so lately I have been going to tennis practice every day and tomorrow we have our first match. And I will be playing #1 singles on Varsity. I am very very scared. I'll be playing the top players in the state! People who devote their entire lives to tennis. Nothin' else. So, naturally, I am very nervous. But I am really trying to keep a positive attitude about it. And I started thinkin' yesterday about tennis. Now, in tennis, the serve is the most important thing. And it has taken me a long time to get a good serve. Finally I am starting to serve fairly consitently and fairly well! It's very exciting. And this is what helped me: keeping my head up. In the past I had always followed the ball as I served it with my head and then it would go straight into the net. So every time my serves go in the net I remind myself to keep my head up and then they go in! It's a wonderful feeling! And this is how I want to be in life. I want to always keep my head up. Always be positive! When you look down all you see is the trials that are ahead. The "net" in your life is always tryin' to stop you. And all that's gonna get you is a bunch of double faults and a crappy life! So I am going to play #1 singles with my head held high on and off the court! I will not give up even though I know it's going to be difficult. Probably easier said than done but I will definetly give it my all.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Kels, I know that you'll be amazing! And... you're pretty good at keeping your head up! You're a good example to me of that when I get grumpy :)

Kelsey! said...

Aw thanks Rachel :) I love you so so much! You are an amazing friend!

Ellie and Gary said...

You can do it thithie! I love you! Your amazing!